Hello classics! Today, as a continuation of my Organic Beauty series where I review natural and healthy beauty products, I’m going to be reviewing a particularly lovely soap. This product was lovingly gifted to me by Uncommon Scents at the Meridian, a local Eugenian shop featuring a wide array of beautiful and natural products. If you haven’t stopped by yet, I highly recommend it. They just got in a new order of these beautiful soaps I am reviewing for you today!
The scent that I chose was Gardenia and Jasmine, one of the more floral and fragrant scents. For those among us who love a more understated smell, they have many different scents, many of which are quite subtle.
Highlights of This Product
- Triple-milled. For those of you who don’t know, milling soap is a process to mix the soap together and remove any air bubbles or moisture. Most soaps are milled over once, but these lovelies are milled three times! This means the soap particles are pressed closer together, and your soap will last much longer.
- Exfoliating. This was such a surprise! The Gardenia and Jasmine soap (made with real Organic Jasmine flowers, no less) features tiny little beads that exfoliate your skin while you’re cleaning. These beads aren’t harmful microbeads either – they’re entirely natural! This makes for a deeper clean, as the soap works on double time to remove any dirt or oil from your skin.
- Fragrant. I cannot stress enough how delightful this soap smells. It does something that I think is quite rare in a soap – it actually keeps your skin smelling good through the day! I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could skip perfume altogether, as this wonderful soap had me smelling exactly like a flower shop. My bathroom too! Ever since I began using this product regularly, the bath has simply emanated wonderful floral scents, akin to a florist in paris.
- For those of us with sensitive skin, the exfoliants may be a little on the rough side. I would have to sample their other scents to determine if this is specific to one product, or all products.
- If you aren’t a fan of fragrance, definitely opt for one of their more understated scents.
All-in-all, if you’re running out of a bar soap, look no further than this wonderful collection! If you’re in the Eugene, OR area, make sure to stop by Uncommon Scents at The Meridian and find your favorite scent. Hurry, before they’ve all been picked!